Security Squadron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do i need to have A better gaming PC?

4 posters

Go down

What do i need to have A better gaming PC? Empty What do i need to have A better gaming PC?

Post by Rommel Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:17 pm

Well thats my Question! .. please answer. afro

Rommel

Back to top Go down

What do i need to have A better gaming PC? Empty Re: What do i need to have A better gaming PC?

Post by kaiser Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:19 am

get an AMD 64 computer with at least 1 gig of memory and a Nvidia gefore videocard with at least 256 megs of memory and you are OK . best performance is 2 gigs of memory and a double SLI graphics card of 512 megs each, you will have 1 GIG of video memory Very Happy
kaiser
kaiser
Stalker of -=[SS]=-
Stalker of -=[SS]=-

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2006-08-22

https://ssklan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What do i need to have A better gaming PC? Empty Re: What do i need to have A better gaming PC?

Post by Agent Ryu Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:21 pm

goodpost

I use intel extreem dual core 3.8 overclocked to 4.2GHZ 4gigs of ram and Sli 6800oc but its overkill for just gaming. Anything over 2.0 ghz with 256mb of video ram and a gig of ram should handle most games with no problems. Also what OS are you using? Vista is a resource whore and I wouldnt suggest using it, there is a XP gamers edition that works well if thats all your using your computer for. I ll post a link for you if you want it.

What kind of FPS are you getting on a full server?
Agent Ryu
Agent Ryu
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2006-11-10

http://www.ssklandod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rommel Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:10 pm

Im using vista Home and i think is fucking up my gaming!.. i cant play other games. i have geforce 6100 intergrated in mother board. AMD 64 Athlon X2 dual core. 2.10 Ghz , 512 MB ram , 250 GB HD. yeah thats pretty much it. I just bought this pc last month. Vista is kool but i dont think is good for gaming. Sad

Rommel

Back to top Go down

Post by kaiser Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:27 pm

yeah vista takes up a lot of resources like memory and cpu which are essential in gaming.
kaiser
kaiser
Stalker of -=[SS]=-
Stalker of -=[SS]=-

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2006-08-22

https://ssklan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by decripple2 Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:52 am

you really need to get 2 X 1GB or ram (only about $75 online) and a better video card aka 7600GT/X1650XT or BETTER

PS: the amount of ram on the video card doesn't really matter unless you have a 20" or bigger monitor, it is really about which card cuz 256MB is plenty

decripple2
Noobie
Noobie

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Pants! Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:19 am

Rommel wrote:Im using vista Home and i think is fucking up my gaming!.. i cant play other games. i have geforce 6100 intergrated in mother board. AMD 64 Athlon X2 dual core. 2.10 Ghz , 512 MB ram , 250 GB HD. yeah thats pretty much it. I just bought this pc last month. Vista is kool but i dont think is good for gaming. Sad

On-board video will screw you over everytime. And isn't the minimum amount of RAM for vista 1024MB?

Vista is truly a resource hog, and at this juncture is not a first choice for any gaming platform. Offically only 2 First Person Shooter Games are guaranteed to run on Vista: Halo 2 and Shadowrun.
Pants!
Pants!
Noobie
Noobie

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down